Friday, November 16, 2007

Speak of the Devil

It's deja vu all over again.

The commuter train was delayed again last nite.. for a freaking hour. First of all they didn't tell us of the delay until after more than 1/2 hrs of waiting, then they finally announced that it has been delayed for 35 minutes more. By the time a train arrived, it was so full, i can practically see faces plastered on doors. When the next one arrived, my blood was boiling like hot lava. Luckily it was not as full as the first one.

But the guy i was talking about yesterday save the day for me.. yeah the singing guy. Except he wasnt singing last nite. That doesnt mean he was quiet tho. He's slowly starting to be my fav guy, cos he offered me a seat. Who would have thought he could be a gentleman, albeit a weird one.

Anyway, as i sat, i took out my sudoku puzzle and started wringing my brain. the guy was standing beside me, he look at my puzzle and started sprouting random numbers to no one in particular. It turns out, he was sprouting possible lottery numbers, and he thought i was collecting them. See, my sudoku puzzle is a 'medium' level puzzle, and it was stated as such at the top of the page. and the guy thought it reads "MAGNUM". then he started rambling on that he was never lucky at lottery, but "Insya Allah" one of these days his luck will turn. Did i mention that's he's Indian? But he sure like saying Insya Allah, he said it numerous times during his one sided conversation.

He made the journey back feels shorter. Didnt have time to dwell on the train delay and my ire. Was too busy trying not to laugh.

No comments: